- Perform visual and dimensional inspections at receiving/preliminary, in-process, and final inspection.
- Accurately document inspection results
- Comply with internal Quality Management System requirements
- Use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as indicators, verniers calipers, micrometers and gauges to perform inspections.
- Interpret resolution of gauges required to perform dimensional inspections
- Interpret drawings and instructions from operations sheets and complex blueprints, engine manuals, inspection records, inspection record method sheets, etc.
- Review and interpret preliminary visual and dimensional results to define work scope in compliance with the customer Purchase Order and approved technical data.
- Review and ensure compliance with customer preference files.
- Use judgment in setting up datum of Co-ordinating Measuring Machine (CMM) and surface plate, select proper size probes and programs of measurement, and perform tip calibrations before inspection of components.
- Detect faulty operations and materials, and create NCR to document non-conformance and disposition rework or escalate, as needed.
- Understand Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) requirements and ability to instruct trainees on GD&T principles
- Work with engineering to resolve customer technical submittal and acceptance
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area such as 6S, sort, label, and store tooling/equipment
- Wear necessary personal protective equipment (PPE) as required and comply with all safety rules and regulations during course of duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years inspection experience in an aerospace or manufacturing environment
- Able to interpret engine manuals, drawings, illustrated parts manuals, operation sheets, complex blueprints and other technical data requirements
- Proficient at running CMM programs and perform minor program adjustments to run CMM manually
- Strong attention to details, ability to multitask and good communications skills.