Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversee the equipment of all production lines in the plant and drive for continuous improvement by implementing up-to-date methods to achieve all cost, quality & service goals set by the management.
· Support new product development/introduction and scale-up of new products to customer or industry specification activity, including identifying, modifying or designing the acquisition of new equipment and systems. Participate in project reviews in order to assess new product manufacturability to ensure effective new product launch. Manage development projects, participate in technical discussions, and provide critical advice to the team to maintain a focus on excellence.
· Drive analyze/identify/solve problems or customer complaints regarding existing products and originate/manage process changes for new applications.
· Communicate with vendors, management, internal departments and other production sites to resolve escalated issues. Lead in troubleshooting of equipment problems and apply Root Cause Analysis and Systematic Problem Solving techniques to failure investigations.
· Execute continuous improvement initiatives using Six Sigma, Gemba, Kaizen or similar methodologies to improve efficiency of existing processes and procedures, optimize processes and improve yield, CpK, quality, cycle time and cost of existing processes to achieve all cost, quality & service goals. Lead actively in new material evaluation/qualification.
· Remain abreast of technical developments in the field; obtain information through literature and patents. Actively participate in aligning on best practices across various manufacturing sites to ensure current processes and methodologies are ahead of competitors offering similar products or services.
· Performs other duties as assigned. Duties will vary according to the project progress and/or the specific goals of the manager.
· As project lead, may be accountable for projects/programs as well as, developing methods and parameters, project methodology and/or project proposals.
· Overseeing all production lines to establish and realize all site targets and priorities. Support Maintenance team to implement production reliability programs including TPM, Preventive Maintenance (PM), and PDM (Predictive Maintenance).
· Excellent understanding of inter-connect products; Bonding wire, both applications and applicable international standards.
· Sound understanding of equipment technology and applicable methodologies.
· Up to date with current equipment and processes available in the commercial market.
· Ability to create customized solutions, and propose customizable equipment, necessary for process improvements.
· Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Literate in all MS Office applications
· Ability to travel internationally as required.
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
· Preferred Chemical Engineering / Industrial Engineering / Mechanical
· >10 years working experience in equipment/process engineering roles
· Semiconductor Assembly or PCBA, with some leadership experience preferred.
· Experience working with Bonding wire materials, used in Semiconductor / PCBA environment preferred
· Experience working in equipment development is a plus