Our client is a global leading private brand and was developed in collaboration with AEON's customers and AEON's strict quality standards. It has the national brand equivalent quality with retail price saving. Their range of products spread to food, beverage, laundry, kitchen products, and other merchandise. It was initially launched in 1994. Our client’s brand is segmented into 3 tiers - TOPVALU BESTPRICE, TOPVALU and TOPVALU SELECT. TOPVALU is available nationwide at all 29 AEON outlets, 4 MaxValu supermarkets and at AEON BIG.
Industry: Warehouse / Retail
Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor
Remuneration: Basic + Business allowance (Petrol, Toll, Parking) + Medical insurance
· To source best quality merchandises locally and overseas at the best price to ensure best profit margin.
· To plan yearly, monthly & weekly promotion based on seasons, market pattern and customers’ behavior.
· To control price alteration & monitor of inventory turnover level.
· To determine merchandise layout & schematic plan.
· To conduct competitors’ survey (basic) – merchandise assortment, pricing, layout, display way and promotions.
· To source for new suppliers & negotiate on the credit term, rebates, contribution and joint promotion.
· Accompanying buyers on visits to manufacturers to appreciate production processes
· Meeting with suppliers and managing the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates, and completing the necessary paperwork;
· Identifying production and supply difficulties and dealing with any problems or delays as they arise.
· Working closely with visual display staff and department heads to decide how goods should be displayed to maximize customer interest and sales.
· Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Diploma, Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor's Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, any field.
· Required language(s): Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mandarin, (Knowing Japanese is added advantage but not compulsory)
· At least 2-3 years of working experience in similar capacity, Relevant experience from preferably from Trading/Retail
· Experience in hardline or non-food dept will be an added advantage
· Preferably Executives specializing in Merchandising or equivalent.
· Merchandising, product & analytical skills.
· Business-minded, and have a passion for retail, good in planning, negotiation, organizing skills and possess strategic thinking.
· Proficiency in the use of desktop applications and windows based programs.
· Retail math literacy and applications of concepts to daily operations.
· Ability to maintain and build strong working relationships.
· Demonstrates strong communication skills in English & Malay, both written and verbal.
· Able to communicate in Japanese or Mandarin language is preferred.
· Resourceful and a team player with the ability to work independently and in a dynamic & challenging environment.
If you are interested in the position, kindly apply directly online by clicking on the “Apply” button. Thank you.