Our Client is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc-welding systems, plasma and oxyfuel cutting equipment and have a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market.
Industry: Heavy Industrial / Machinery / Equipment
Location: Bandar Puteri, Puchong
Tenure: 1-year Contract
Remuneration: Basic Salary + Other benefits
Preparing incoming supplier invoices for payment:
· Establishes and manages vendor information and standard payment terms.
· Updates and maintains coding of accounts in SAP.
· Sorts, stamps, etc.
· Schedules invoices for payment within a given framework of prescribed due dates and maximizes discounts and minimizes interest charges.
· Communicates with suppliers/vendors and internal clients in both official languages to obtain information and clarify/resolve issues.
· Identifies person or section responsible for invoice and obtaining required approval for purchased items with or without a purchase order.
Processing supplier invoices for payment:
· Validates invoices for accuracy, assigns correct vendor code.
· Enters invoice information into SAP Accounts Payable system to generate payment voucher.
· Obtains the necessary approval for service invoices and validates against contract requirements.
· Ensures account allocation for costs within the General Ledger.
· Ensures timely payment of all invoices via internet banking or cheques to avoid late payment fees and optimize cash discounts.
· Prepares reconciliation of bank accounts and vendor statements.
Processing employee expense claims (including travel and entertainment expenses):
· Receives expense claims from employees and ensures completion on proper form.
· Ensures that calculations have been completed correctly.
· Validates that receipts have been provided according to policy.
· Verifies that the claim has been properly authorized in accordance with the delegation.
· Enters claim information into SAP.
· Prepares payment voucher and internet banking for expense claim reimbursement.
· Checks receipt and bills for re-classification of UOB/AMEX corporate credit card statement.
Performs general accounting and other related duties such as:
· General record keeping.
· Prepares monthly journal entries on pre-payment and accrual.
· Prepares quarterly bank balance update information for HQ (Cleveland).
· Assists in annual budget exercise and audit.
· Prepares account reconciliation.
· Monitoring of incoming fund from customer against daily bank statement which include down-payment.
· Clearing entry in SAP for funds received from customer against Invoice.
· Contact customer for collection.
· Intercompany billing.
· Prepare monthly SOA and send to customer.
· Relevant accounting experience with exposure to an accounting / office environment for 2 years minimum exposure to a Financial ERP system (eg: SAP) would be an advantage.
· Intermediate knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word; Familiarity with computerized accounting packages.
· Good problem solving / reconciliation skills; Ability to demonstrate initiative and creativity in problem solving.
· Demonstrated capacity to work to deadlines, schedules and guidelines, with attention to detail.
If you are interested in the position, kindly apply directly online by clicking on the “Apply” button. Thank you.