Position Title : (Senior) Manager, Software Development
Location: Petaling Jaya, Selangor
Remuneration: Basic salary plus company benefits (dental and medical)
New ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and user experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We excellence, making a difference, innovation and technology to further improve value delivery to our users. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, creative mojo can take you places, here. You will work with us to build an extraordinary development team.
As a Software Development Manager on our team, you will be responsible for leading the design, development and delivery of key applications and integrations that our users will rely on every day. Beyond that, you’ll bring your best influencing skills to bear so that stakeholders & participants across our ecosystem for optimal product experience outcome.
- Demonstrated skills with a variety of development methodologies and ability to adapt these to the needs of an organization using Agile & other processes. Understanding of software development life-cycle, development operations (specifications, test plans, source & version management, build, integration, installers) and best practices.
- Experience with service oriented architecture, REST based services and orchestration of APIs for web and mobile applications.
- Experience in review design and code, provide actionable feedback and the detail orientation to follow-up on all technical topics.
- Effective to communicate with cross-functional teams about various software development topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules etc.
- Effective to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and aggressive schedules.
- Effective to represent the team and remove hurdles so that each one of the team members operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to hire, mentor and manage the performance of team members.
- Ability to communicate with senior management team within the organization and in business units.
- Strong learning propensity to continuously improve self, team and the organization.
- Resource planning and fiscal year planning experience.
- 5+ years of experience in leading software development team.
- 5+ years of experience in architecting, designing and developing enterprise-grade scalable software.
- A solid understanding of Quality Control testing methodologies in addition to available frameworks and tools.
Work with the management team to bring software development and operational excellence to our regionally expanding enterprise solutions. To meet these goals, you’ll possess strong verbal & written communication skills as well as being self-motivated, driven, detail oriented, hands-on, and a strong technology leader. An aptitude for architecture, design, development, and deployment of both custom and software package based solutions will also serve you well. Developing a consistent record for managing, motivating and providing technical guidance to a team of software developers to bring out their best work will be key to success. Ensuring uncompromising quality in every development & delivery task, creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with other cross-functional teams in a fast paced environment will be important attributes to possess. This is an excellent opportunity to bring efficiency and structure to the team.
- Lead product development discussions and map functional requirements to a technical design and a project schedule.
- Lead technical discussions with team members to agree on product scope and delivery schedules;
Ø Track delivery schedule and related dependencies.
Ø Write comprehensive architecture and design documentation.
Ø Communicate with external teams (written and oral) on various aspects such as business value, technical design, project schedule etc.
Ø Review design and code produced by engineers.
Ø Drive improvement initiatives and processes.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field plus 5+ years software development experience.